Research Interests : Sorption and diffusion in polymers; characterization of polymers and their composites; polymer-based controlled release systems; mechanisms of drug release
Email : email@example.com
1. Panou, A.I., Mantes, N., Papadokostaki, K.G., Sanopoulou, M. Solute permeability of elastomeric films containing dispersed swellable hydrophilic particles: A composite material approach. Eur. Polymer J. 93, 471–479 (2017).
2. Sanopoulou, M., Papadokostaki, K.G. Controlled drug release systems: Mechanisms and kinetics. In Biomedical Membranes And (Bio)artificial Organs (Stamatialis D. ed.), 1-33 (World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd, 2017).
3. Papadokostaki, K.G., Minelli, M., Doghieri, F., Petropoulos, J.H. A fundamental study of the extent of meaningful application of Maxwell's and Wiener's equations to the permeability of binary composite materials. Part II: A useful explicit analytical approach. Chem. Eng. Sci. 131, 353-359 (2015).
4. Panou, A.I., Papadokostaki , K.G., Tarantili, P.A., Sanopoulou, M. Effect of hydrophilic inclusions on PDMS crosslinking reaction and its interrelation with mechanical and water sorption properties of cured films. Eur. Polym. J. 49, 1803-1810 (2013).
5. Petropoulos, J.H., Papadokostaki, K.G., Sanopoulou, M. Higuchi’s equation and beyond: Overview of the formulation and application of a generalized model of drug release from polymeric matrices. Int. J. Pharm. 437, 178-191 (2012), mini review.
6. Soulas, D.N., Papadokostaki, K.G. Regulation of proxyphylline’s release from silicone rubber matrices by the use of osmotically active excipients and a multi-layer system. Int. J. Pharm. 408, 120-129 (2011).
7. Papadokostaki, K.G., Savidou, A. Study of leaching mechanisms of caesium ions incorporated in Ordinary Portland Cement. J. Hazardous Materials 171, 1024-1031 (2009).
8. Hasimi, A., Stavropoulou, A., Papadokostaki, K.G., Sanopoulou, M. Transport of water in polyvinyl alcohol films: effect of thermal treatment and chemical crosslinking. Eur. Polymer J. 44, 4098-4107 (2008).
9. Papadokostaki, K.G. , Stavropoulou, A., Sanopoulou, M., Petropoulos, J.H. An advanced model for composite planar three-layer matrix-controlled release devices. Part I. Devices of uniform material properties and non-uniform solute load. J. Membrane Sci. 312, 193-206 (2008).
10. Papadokostaki, K.G. Combined Experimental and Computer Simulation Study of the Kinetics of Solute Release from a Relaxing Swellable Polymer Matrix. II. Release of an Osmotically Active Solute. J. Applied Polym. Sci. 92, 2458-2467 (2004).