Plasma Nanotechnology offers one step structural and chemical modification of materials. In this way, Nanostructures in the form of cones, columns, or fibers random or quasi ordered with predesigned chemistry are produced. We can tune the wettability of such surfaces and produce nanotextured surfaces that are water, ice, oil, and microorganism repellent (i.e. superaphiphobic, anti-icing, antifouling) and thus self-cleaning. Additionally, we can produce hydrophilic surfaces with increased biomolecule attraction and binding or antifogging properties. These surfaces are simultaneously anti-reflective and transparent, hence the term “smart” surfaces.
Substrate materials for which our technology can be applied:
- Any organic polymer (PMMA, COP, PEEK, PS etc.)
- Silicon containing polymers (PDMS, Ormocer® etc.)
- Polymer coated glass or other flat substrate
Nanoplasmas uses certified infrastructure.
Products & Services
Nanoplasmas fabricates polymer-coated glass or polymeric microarrays nanotextured (3D micro-nano topography) with plasma processing so as to render them highly binding and ultra sensitive.
- Fast (within a couple of minutes) surface functionalization of the microarray substrate.
- Protein microarrays with a 100fold increased sensitivity and 5fold increased intensity compared to smooth substrate microarrays
2. Microfluidics and diagnostics based on microfludics
Nanoplasmas can selectively modify specific areas of the microchannels rendering them hydrophilic or superhydrophobic and antifouling. Sensing and high binding areas, as well as non-binding areas can be defined.
- Fast (within a couple of minutes) functionalization of microfluidic channels.
- Microfluidic devices with embedded superhydrophilic or superhydrophobic areas, such as capillary pumps or passive valves
- Microfluidic devices with high biomolecule binding areas, or antifouling, superhydrophobic areas.
- Nanotextured microfluidics to enrich biomolecules (e.g. phosphopeptides, DNA) or capture cells, with a high capacity
NEW product under development!!!! Legionella detection chip
3. Plasma micro-nanotextured functional surfaces
Nanoplasmas can modify polymeric or polymer coated surfaces and render them to:
- High binding
- Non binding
4. Cell culture surfaces
We are working on new products for high binding or non-binding surfaces for cell cultures, and selective enrichment of cancer cells.
The Nanoplasmas team is highly experienced in surface modifications, plasma processing and device fabrication, and can offer customized solutions for a wide range of requests:
- wetting control
- microfluidics fabrication
- optical properties control