Dr. Aggeliki Papavasiliou is Dipl. Mineral Resources Engineer of Technical University of Crete (TUC). She carried out her Ph.D. thesis at the School of Mining and Metallurgical Engineering of NTUA in the field of Materials Science and Technology and received the 3rd “Thomaidio" Award for best PhD Thesis. After finishing her Ph.D., she worked for two years as a researcher (by contract) in NTUA and since 2013 as a researcher (by contract) in the “Materials and Membranes for Environmental Separations” Laboratory of the Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology of NCSR “Demokritos”. She supervised the diploma thesis of several post graduate and graduate students and she was a teaching assistant in “Advance Ceramic Materials” and “Refractory Materials” laboratory courses at the School of Mining and Metallurgical Engineering. During the period 2012-2015 she obtained an MBA degree in Engineering – Economic Systems, from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) in association with the Department of Industrial Management of University of Piraeus. Her research expertise includes:
- Synthesis of nanopowders and nanoporous materials
- Materials’ characterization through Scanning electron microscopy and (EDS) analysis, X-ray diffraction analysis (XRD), Temperature Programmed Reduction (H2-TPR), Temperature Programmed Desorption (TPD), N2 Adsorption, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), Thermal analysis (DTA/TGA)
- Functionalization with metal / metal oxide nanoparticles
- Deagglomeration studies – control of agglomerates through preparation of stable colloidal suspensions
- Development of advanced ceramic materials (catalysts for air pollutants purification, photocatalysts, ceramic/hybrid coatings, nanocomposite materials)
She is co-author in 16 publications in peer reviewed journals and has 23 presentations in conferences and proceedings. She has participated in 6 European and 3 National research projects with an active role in the design and the implementation of the scientific work, in writing of technical and scientific reports and in the representation of the research team in scientific meetings in several European countries. At the same time, she significantly contributed in the preparation of several scientific proposals for National and European founded research projects.