Ms Lamprini Boutsika is Chemist graduate of the School of Sciences, Department of Chemistry, University of Patras. Since 2013 she obtained a Master Thesis Diploma in “Catalysis for Environmental Protection and Clean Energy Production”. She was a Teaching and Laboratory Assistant at Analytical Chemistry I and II (Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis Laboratory). Since 2014 Lamprini Boutsika is a PhD candidate in Department of Chemistry, School of Sciences and Engineering, University of Crete and she is working as a researcher (by contract) in the “Materials and Membranes for Environmental Separations” Laboratory of the Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology of NCSR “Demokritos”. Her research expertise includes:
- Synthesis of biochar by pyrolysis.
- Composition and surface modification of nanoporous silicate and carbonate materials.
- Development and modification of laminate materials (clays, supported clays, organomodified clays, organosilicas).
- Synthesis of metal oxides by the sol-gel method, development of modified spherical colloidal silica nanoparticles with hydrophilic functional groups (eg -SO3H, -PO3H) - Nanoscale Ionic Materials (NIMs), synthesis of Polyhedral Oligomeric Silsesquioxanes (POSS).
- Development and modification of hybrid nanocomposite materials (organic-inorganic nanocomposites) - dispersion of nanoparticles in polymeric matrices for the synthesis of nanocomposite membranes for surface coatings, fuel cell electrolytes and gas separation membranes.
- Evaluation of mechanical properties (Reverse impact, tensile strength), Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS), X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS), Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM), Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), Ζ-potential analysis, Single and Mixed gas permeation analysis, Thermogravimetric analysis (TGA), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Viscosity measurements, Gas sorption measurements at high pressure using Intelligent Gravimetric Analyser (IGA), Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), Optical measurements in polymer coatings (Gloss, UV-resistance), X-Ray Diffraction in Powder samples (PXRD), Adsorption Study techniques, Potentiometric Titrations, High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC), Spectroscopy UV-Vis, Spectroscopy FT-IR (solid state), Fluorescence Spectroscopy
She is co-author in 8 publications in peer reviewed journals and has 22 presentations in conferences and proceedings. She has participated in 2 European and 2 National research projects with an active role in the implementation of the scientific work, in writing of technical and scientific reports and in the representation of the research team in scientific meetings.