Synthesis of nanoporous materials membranes and catalysts
- Development and characterization of nanostructured materials for gas storage (MOFs/ZIFs, metal hydrides, metal doped nanostructured carbons and pore infiltrated complex hydrides).
- Development of ordered mesoporous silica and carbon nanoparticles for controlled release and drug delivery applications.
- Synthesis and characterisation of supported metal nanoparticles for heterogeneous catalytic applications including: deNOx, CO oxidation, CH4, WGS reaction and HC reforming.
- Synthesis of silane modified ionic liquids and development of hybrid nanocomposite membranes and materials (Ionic Liquids / ceramic or carbon nanocomposites) for CO2 capture and separation.
- Development of polymer/carbon and polymer/inorganic nano-composites with improved antifouling /fouling release and barrier properties, for packaging and coatings applications.
- Modification and utilisation of natural algal products and processing by-products (i.e. polysaccharides, alginic acids etc.) for the development of porous adsorbents and membranes for environmental applications and pollutant separations (i.e. heavy metal and pesticide removal from water streams, waste and brackish water treatment etc.)
- Development of multi-walled and single-walled carbon nanotubes as well as graphene oxides and graphene for diverse nanotechnology applications (e.g., desalination and gas separation membranes, conductive inks, nanocomposites with improved mechanical properties, catalysis).
- Synthesis, modification and characterisation of (e.g., carbon, AlPO4-5, ZIF, MOF) nanocomposite, mixed matrix and zeolite membranes as well as single and multi-layered hollow-fibres for gas separations and water treatment