The hydrothermal growth setup of the EHAS group consists of:
- a fume hood complete with water sink and gas gun for sample drying
- a temperature controlled bath capable of achieving up to 90 °C when using water with a maximum temperature of 200 °C when using silicone oil as the heating medium. The solution can also be magnetically stirred throughout the reaction
- a borosilicate glass reactor with a maximum capacity of 1 L along with a borosilicate reactor lid with 4 necks capable of connecting three 24/40 and one accessories.
- a 24/40 condenser cooled with tap water
- a digital temperature sensor for monitoring the solution temperature
The facility is mainly used for the hydrothermal growth of ZnO nanowires and nanorods.